Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Challenge 219 - Sparkling and Shimmering

In some parts of the world the weather is warm and you're enjoying days at the beach, or sitting poolside - perhaps sipping a nice cooling drink and soaking up the sunshine. Elsewhere it's wintery and we're watching shimmering snowflakes falling from the sky, the sun shimmering on frozen lakes and ponds.  See a trend there?



Our Opus Gluei theme for this fortnight is


SPARKLING AND SHIMMERING

Let's see if you can take us to where you are, with sparkles or shimmers of light!

Get out that glitter, those opalescent shades of ink, the shiny goodness you have lurking in your embellishments and create like crazy!!!!!

Here's what we've been inspired to create!!!!!

Deena here:  I pulled out some embossing powders and some old brads to make this sparkle and shimmer card.  With the frosty cold we have in my neck of the woods, I couldn't bring myself to do something snowy, so I felt that embossing was the way to go!


Chat Noir here, with a card I made for my Mum's birthday on the 15th.  She loves pearls and silver so I hunted though my papers to find these ones....  The flowered piece is the last piece of handmade paper from a quirky shop in Brunswick Street.  Most of their papers are A4, so its not hard to use them up very quickly.  I mounted it on some shimmery silver card and added the pearls and some silver gauze ribbon.


Looking at it now, I'm thinking I should have rounded the corners of the white card too....but that's a reminder for next time.

Rosemary here and I have a layout for New Years Eve 2015.  Now, I could have just left it as is with the pretty printed cardstock and it would have been fine - there's something very enjoyable about a quick layout but it just didn't zing for me. So I pulled out the trusty Cricut and the Winter Wonderland cartridge and made two of the beautiful, intricate snowflakes out of plain and metallic cardstock.  The photos don't do this layout justice, it's very festive and pretty!  Of course, I then had to embellish the snowflakes with some Stickles and some rhinestones.....and it's New Year's Eve so it's all about the GLAM!!!!  There's nothing like a little more sparkle.






So..... let's see your beautiful sparkle and shine by linking us to your blog post in the comments below so we can pay you a visit and enjoy your creativity.   Our next challenge is January 31, so you have lots of time to share your crafty goodness!!!!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

My card is here x

Yogi said...

here's my entry.
http://yogiemp.blogspot.ca/2016/01/mc-jan16-brocade-window-hope-is-thing.html
have a great day