Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Challenge #188 - A Good Read

Are you a reader?  Is there time in between projects to sit quietly and finish a good book every once in a while?  Our latest challenge is to use books somewhere in your project.......does a title inspire you?  Is your project made from book pages?  Here's what the team made...........



Electra
Mine is a very simple card.  I used a card base that I got from Mikey's, and added an image from Gecko Galz that I printed, cut out and coloured.  Her necklace is Perfect Pearls.  I added a flower from my stash. All the books I read are on CD in the truck.  It just seems when I get home, I would rather be making things than reading things, but living out of the city and commuting, I get to read/hear a lot of books.  That's what works for me!


Deena : my card represents the book "Where the Wild Things Are" - this monster just rings true to what I envision from the story.....

Chat Noir here..........and I committed the ultimate crime of cutting up a book.  In my defence I have to say that the book was probably a waste of paper in the beginning, so no great loss.  Each piece of fruit takes about an hour to make, and it helps to have a nice new sharp blade and a steady hand.

The pear is also coloured on the cut edges, but I think I like uncoloured fruit best.

Rosemary here and my card is inspired by a book I've read called The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons.  It has been called the Russian Gone with the Wind and I could see the analogy.  It is a romantic story of love's twisted path all with the backdrop of WWII from the Russian perspective.  This is the first of the trilogy and the heroine, Tatiana, inspired this card - she is both fragile and resilient, deeply romantic and tragic in a star-crossed love affair.  I think the card with its torn and crumpled book pages, stamped image and soft gentle colors evokes her steel beneath velvet personality.



You have two weeks to post a link to your blog in the comments.  Thank you and we hope you get lost with us in BOOKS!

8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great challenge and just love Rosemary s card all the layers and beautiful description of the book
carol x

Anonymous said...

http://cardsbyleona.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/the-cheerful-stamp-pad-for-a-man/

Thank you,
Leona x

Anonymous said...

http://cardsbyleona.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/the-cheerful-stamp-pad-for-a-man/

Thank you,
Leona x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Now that is inspiration :)

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

What FUN projects for Reading! I love to read, and thankfully, so does my 16 year old daughter. I made this project for her: http://www.valbydesign.com/lawnscaping-challenge-back-to-school/

Tammy said...

Gorgeous creations DT and great challenge! here’s mine

Katie said...

Another great challenge, Here's Mine :)

2amscrapper said...

Joined your site beccause of the blog name and oath! Here's my entry: http://2amscrapper.blogspot.com/2014/08/read-in-garden-tag.html